Investment planning begins with identifying one’s financial goals, and then developing a plan to achieve those goals. In doing so, it usually involves evaluating their investments. In short, if one were to obtain a high rate of return, their portfolio will provide remarkable growth over time. However, if you want a high rate of return, you need to be prepared to take a lot of risk. Conversely, if you want little to no risk, then you won’t get very much for a rate of return. Well, most people are somewhere in the middle.
At Menninger & Associates, our investment planning philosophies and processes include the following:
- FIDUCIARY - We are fiduciaries, which means we place our clients’ needs ahead of our own
- CUSTOMIZATION - We customize each client portfolios to match their goals, risk tolerance and income needs
- LONG-TERM - We are long-term investors who take a strategic asset allocation approach designed to pursue the goals in each client’s financial plan
- DIVERSIFICATION - We invest primarily in Mutual Funds and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- RESEARCH - We make consensus, research-driven investment decisions via our Investment Committee
- ACTIVE MANAGEMENT - We make tactical adjustments to investment portfolios when appropriate
- PROTECTION - We generally invest more conservatively, willing to give up some upside to protecting on the downside
- MONITORING - We conduct ongoing due diligence to ensure the investments we use perform as expected
- TAX-AWARE - We carefully incorporate tax planning into our portfolio construction and updates
- TIME HORIZON - We recognize that time is the single largest component of risk such that shorter time horizons will have lower risk than longer time horizons.
Tax planning services offered by Menninger & Associates. For a comprehensive review of your personal situation, always consult with a tax or legal advisor. Neither Cetera Advisor Networks LLC nor any of its representatives may give legal or tax advice.